TO CLAIM THE REAL YOU – ELIMINATE NEGATIVE SELF-TALK
To allow yourself to step forward and claim your worth in the world, you need to overcome lingering beliefs about your self-worth. How can you boldly put yourself in the public eye if you are being slammed by critical statements within your mind? Do you have doubts about being worthy of God’s blessings? Do you fear that you are not good enough, smart enough, talented enough to achieve your goals? Even worse, do you constantly tell yourself these things?
This negative self-talk has to stop because:
- You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
- You are the only person exactly like you in the entire universe.
- You were put here with unique gifts and talents with which to bless the world.
- You are just as worthy of success as anyone else.
For a primer in self-esteem study, let’s look at the career of actor, Danny DeVito. DeVito’s short stature is the result of a rare genetic disorder that affects bone growth in those afflicted. This diminutive actor has won the hearts and minds of millions in spite of his unorthodox appearance. If Danny can refuse limiting beliefs about his success, so can you.
Realize that how you feel about yourself could be putting a “lid” on your success. Search your mind for any trace of poor self-esteem and commit to purging it from your life.
Things to remember to overcome poor self-esteem:Remember everyone is a jerk sometimes.
- Remember that your past does not have to predict your future.
- Remember that you are a work in process and cut yourself some slack.
- Remember that if you disqualify yourself, someone who needs your gifts will miss out.
- Remember that mistakes and failures are part of life.
Past mistakes and failures are not disqualifiers for success. In fact, they are usually a prerequisite for real impact in the world. Do a quick study of some of the game changing leaders from history and you will see that all of them overcame something on their path to success.
Decide today that you are going to boldly go after your dreams. Refuse to allow any false beliefs to limit your success. Danny DeVito has legions of fans. Why don’t you put yourself out there and see how many people will love you, too?