Some of My Favorite Resources for Growth from 2017
Like me, a lot of you love learning and expanding your skillset. Here are some of my favorite things that helped me grow in 2017. I hope you find something helpful, and please send me some of your favorites too.
Best books I read:
The Return of the Prodigal Son: A Story of Homecoming Henri Nowen
Personal growth books:
Designing your life How to build a well lived joyful life Bill Burnett and Dave Evans
Happy Money- The Science of Smarter Spending Elizabeth Done
Blackout- Remembering the things I drank to forget Sarah Hupola https://www.amazon.com/Blackout-Remembering-Things-Drank-Forget/dp/B00XO0NZNC/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1514313105&sr=1-1&keywords=blackout+remembering+the+things+i+drank+to+forget
The Lost Art of Listening Michael Nichols PhD
Abundance: The Future is Better Than You Think
Alexander Hamilton Ron Chernov
The Glass Castle Jeanette Walls
Best business books:
Platform: Get noticed in a Busy World Michael Hyatt
- The Art of Charm Jordan Harbinger – Not about charm, about fascinating topics and leadership
- Freakonomics Radio – insights from bright minds that take fresh looks at economic principles
- The Gospel in Life – Pastor Tim Keller- great sermons from one of the best Christian preachers today
- Began using a Macbook Air with plug in desktop desktop display, this has changed my life!
- Mobile check deposit- goodbye waiting in line at the bank
- Increased use of video on our church website and church Facebook
- Finally getting the Twitter thing down
- Calm- a wonderful meditation app to help me with focus
- Shane Parrish (Farnam Street)email@example.com
- Fred Smith https://thegathering.com/youtoo/
For those of you are not into spirituality you might want to stop here, but faith is the key to my life, so a few wins from that area are in order:
- Spending weeks studying the concept of Christian grace- new freedom flowed into my life
- Learning to write out my prayers when the mind is locked down
- Walking with a dear friend through her courageous battle with cancer
- Using the power of spiritual consensus to find the next step in our church’s growth
I hope you find these useful and I look forward to seeing your suggestions. Be sure to watch for my next blog which will be the fifth in the series listing the 5 Attributes of Mental Toughness.
If you haven’t already done so, please take a moment to subscribe to my blog. All you have to do is enter your e-mail address and you’ll be notified every time I post a new one. My goal is to supply you with helpful insights on leadership and personal growth.
Make 2018 a great year.